6.12.2006
HATING Father's Day
I honestly hate Father's Day. I don't have a father (mine died when I was young and my step-dad also died several years ago), and I try not to hate the day and rather use it as a way to celebrate the fact I have great brothers who turned out to be pretty great dads, but I am just overwhelmed by it this year for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that two of my friends lost their fathers recently or maybe because every time I check my email there's an ad for a Father's Day Sale, but it's really making me edgy this year. I just want to scream because I don't remember THAT many Mother's Day reminders earlier this year! I just wish the day would be over . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I don't blame you for hating Father's day. You'll be in my thoughts.
Thanks - I try to see the positive aspects of my life everyday, even though I miss my dad.
Post a Comment