6.22.2006

Political Discussions at Bars


I don't recommend EVER getting into a political discussion with people who are more drunk than you. Just doesn't turn out well AT ALL. I admit, it's amusing as hell, but it won't end on a good note. Someone is going to get all bent out of shape, and it's usually the one who had the most to drink. I went out with some friends to RedFin Blues last night and was the lightweight drinker. However, I got into a discussion about how Clinton was a great president - there were three of us in agreement but we were arguing with the ONE person who thought he was not. We all made valid points, but she wasn't buying them. Luckily, she had to get up to pee, and she forgot all about our conversation when she returned!

2 comments:

Smerdyakov said...

I find that the only valid response to someone arging politics in a bar is to vomit on them because, hey, how are they going to argue with that.

See? I win.

GRITS said...

Great comeback - too bad I was the lightweight drinker that night, or I could have tried it out! (Plus, she did forget all about it after her trip to the ladies' room). :-)