6.20.2006

Face from the past

So, a couple of weeks ago one of my best friends from high school visited Pittsburgh and we hung out for several hours. First let me say that he has not changed a bit. He looked the same, talked the same, and pretty much acted the same. Now, granted, I haven't seen him in about 15 years (yes, showing my age here). But, we went different ways after high school and seemed to lose touch and in the last year or so found each other again on one of those reunion websites. So, it worked out well that he happened to be in Pittsburgh for a class and we could meet for dinner. It was so good seeing him because he played a huge role in my junior and senior high school years. And I never knew what a difference I made in his life, so it was very nice to hear that after all these years he still thinks of me as one of his best friends. The last year has been rough on me because of so many factors I won't even begin to discuss right now, but it was just the right medicine for me to hear that from him. I honestly think seeing him put me back on the right path in my life and I'm very grateful to him for that.

1 comment:

Margo said...

Hey! Isn't it great to reconnect with old friends!? I've had a similiar experience. It's nice to know you've made an impact on people. :-)