6.26.2006

A blur of a weekend

So, from Wednesday to Sunday I didn't stop to breathe much. Wednesday I went out (see last entry) and then Thursday I went out for another friend's birthday. Thursday was fun - started at Carson City Saloon, then went to Elixir and ended (for me, anyway) at Mario's. My friend turned 39, but she is so gorgeous and fun you'd never guess it! Friday was a long drive with a friend to Hershey, PA to see DMB - and it was the first time I got to hear my favorite song live! Plus, they didn't play those songs they seem to play every concert, so that was nice, too (especially for those folks who have been to TONS of concerts!). So, we got back to Pittsburgh around 4am, and I got to sleep around 5am. Saturday I got up around 11am and headed to Beaver County for my nephew's graduation party, which started at 1pm (I arrived around 2'ish). It was good to see my family, and meet some friends of my brother's. Wasn't much I could eat there, but I then went to my mom's and ate, so it was all good. :-) After leaving there I went to visit a friend who needed a friend, then I went and washed and vacuumed my car and did a little grocery shopping. I didn't get home until about 10pm, so I ate dinner, talked to a friend and watched a Sex and the City rerun. Sunday I got up just in time to get ready and be 10 minutes late to brunch at Zenith in the Southside. We had a 45 minute wait, anyhow, so the three of us sat around and chatted for a bit. Let me just say the food is amazing. I had Spinach Cashew Casserole, which consisted of lentils, brown rice, spinach, cashews, carrots and onions in a ginger sweet soy sauce. My one friend had a Jakarta Wrap, which was a honey wheat tortilla filled with spicy-sweet tofu, spinach, carrots, raisins and sunflower seeds served with a peanut dressing while our male friend had chocolate-chip (vegan) pancakes. The salad bar was astounding - any kind of pasta or bean salad you could imagine, and grape leaves! Everything on the salad bar, including the breads and desserts, were vegan, and they were just incredible. Plus, we sat at a table with other people (the seating arrangements are nestled in with the antiques so you are sitting at an antique dining room table drinking from antique glassware) so we got to meet some new folks as well. After we were finished eating, the host (someone we met last week at the Tiki party) came over and chatted with us for awhile. And can you believe we got all that for $10??? After the yummy brunch, I went to the Waterfront to pick up a birthday gift and then headed to my friend's house for his son's 2nd birthday party. Of course, my friend told me the wrong time so I was about an hour early. :-) But, it was nice hanging out with his parents and just kinda relaxing. After the party I went home and did absolutely nothing except read, watch a movie and go to bed.

No comments: