6.16.2006

Changing myself

I think it's a good thing to always find ways to better yourself. Whether it be through education or living healthier or just by trying harder at something, I admire people who do what they can to improve. I am doing that right now on a lot of levels. First of all, I'm on a strict diet trying to lose weight and be healthier and I've lost a little over 5 pounds so far. Secondly, I'm networking to try to find a better job because I love what I do yet have become disillusioned with my employer. Thirdly, I'm taking classes so as to receive certification in a field that interests me and should help in my job search. And lastly, I'm becoming more willing to try new things and experience life again without worrying what others think. I think other people can get to me so easily and I don't want to be influenced by exterior forces anymore. I know my own shortcomings and I am working on them but I don't need negativity to slow me down or to hurt me. I may not be the prettiest or slimmest or tallest or smartest, but I have so much to offer and the people who love me know that. I just have to remember it myself, and I am definitely on the road to becoming a better me!

No comments: