8.22.2006
Speaking of Work . . .
I honestly despise my job anymore (the full-time one, not the one at BB&B). I work for idiots, and I don't say that lightly. The ones in charge seem to think the people here don't matter and they don't deserve respect, while the ones who don't pull their own weight can be 'saved' and as long as no one's toes are stepped on everything is fine. I know I'm a pushover, but I would hope if I were running a company with so much at stake I'd surround myself with the right people and get rid of those who drag me down. I worry so much about this place because I've seen so many of my friends hurt by the mentality that 'all is well' as long as the boat isn't being rocked. We have shareholders who are OBLIVIOUS - they don't care what happens as long as it doesn't affect them or their corporations. The only way they dealt with a former detrimental employee was by spending almost $100,000 of OUR money to investigate the situation and then didn't even fire the guy - they 'made a mutual decision to part ways.' But the ultimate goal is a GOOD one - it's noble and worth defending. Man, if I could win the lottery I'd buy the whole thing out . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
"a business that is poorly ran is bound to fail", i understand what you mean. i work for a company that is (in all) efficently ran, but my district is suffering due to poor management and people dragging thier feet instead of acting promptly. i caught a co-worker redhanded stealing cash from the register, (on surveilence tape,nonetheless) and he should have been fired immediatly and prosecuted according to state law, but since my company feels that they should take every step to cover thier own backends, it's two months later before he is let go. They tell us that we can't water dead trees and to let those not performing go, but when we are ready to do so, it takes them two months to find an axe--go figure...
Frustrating!! I know you must feel like strangling some people. Refrain. ;-)
Helen, I understand about the wanting to cover the backend - we do that here all the time, while letting the most important thing (to me) suffer - company morale. If companies would take a little extra time to do things right, then there is no need to scramble to document when something wrong does happen. We should run things, don't you think? :-)
And don't worry, Margo - I haven't strangled anyone YET. :-)
LOL!! :-)
Post a Comment