8.16.2006
Feeling Pretty
Do you have friends or people in your life that just make you feel amazing? Like you're the most beautiful, smart, kind and loving person around? I have a few friends like that, and I am not sure they know how much it means to me. My one girlfriend, JB, always opens her IM's with "Hi, sexy!" or "Hi, sweetie!", etc. and they just make my day. My friend, M, does the same thing - it's like he's waiting for me to be online so he can start my day out right. My new friend from Chicago, Nirav, answers the phone with "What's up, Gorgeous?" whenever I call. That just makes me smile, and I am SO appreciative. I do try to look nice, and I'm really trying with my weight loss, so when someone says something positive to me, it just makes my entire day. Is that silly? I've never felt very pretty, especially growing up, because I was always teased about something. My high school boyfriend made a point to tell me how fat I was ALL the time (even though I wish I was that skinny, now!) and since he cheated on me numerous times, I thought I wasn't pretty enough for him. My friend, JC, writes about faux dates on her blog, and how exciting it is to get gussied up for a lunch 'date' with someone who's not a real date, but someone who makes you feel kinda special. That's important, I think, to do - to find ways to either remind yourself that you're worth a lot or to surround yourself with people who can assist with that. I try to do it for other people - I hope I do a pretty good job, anyway. I don't think you can shower someone with too much love or attention - some of us just really starve for it, you know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've never even seen you, and I say you are beautiful! :-)
Post a Comment