8.16.2006

All-Around Bad Day

So, do you ever have those days you just know are going to go badly? Well, I'm having it today. I woke up late - like after 8am - because I fell asleep with all my clothes on, the lights on, and the groceries not put away (got a phone call, sat on couch, hung up, and fell asleep) so I didn't set my alarm. Great start. Then, instead of being able to just jump in the shower and leave, I knew I had to wash my hair and shave my legs because I had planned to wear my favorite suit because I thought today might not go well. Just a feeling - someone I know is coming from out of town and the last time she was here, my best friend and I fought for a week afterwards, and I'm anxious. So, I wanted to feel confident today.

Anyway, I put on my favorite suit and it's no longer kinda sexy but kinda frumpy because it's too big. The skirt, which used to be tighter, is now more of an a-line skirt, and the jacket is so big that I look like a kid. Good thing I have on my favorite sexy undies - at least THAT makes me feel good about myself. But, I wear the suit anyway (running late, don't want to iron something else, etc.). Then, on my way to work, my TIRE BLOWS OFF THE CAR. No kidding - sidewall ripped apart. Thank goodness I was slowing down because I heard a strange noise. So, I had to wait for AAA to show up and change the tire and worry about what to do about it. But the guys at work are being helpful - telling me to take pictures and where to take it and not to let them keep the tire.

I should have stayed home today, but of course I would have felt guilty about that. I'm just in a jumpy mood - what with the person coming from out of town and then my former best friend maybe coming into town and I know she won't call me - all that is making ne nervous and edgy. Thank goodness I have BB&B to keep my mind off things for a few days - I need the distraction!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Ugh. Sorry things aren't going well. I hate those kinds of days!! The bright side on the pants suit is the fact that it's a reminder of the weight that you lost, right? :-)