8.31.2006

Newly found, Long lost Friend

So, thanks to MySpace, I reconnected with a friend from high school. Let me tell you, she is such an addition to my life! She writes these epic emails to me that really make me smile, laugh, cry and ponder life. I'm so blessed she stepped back into my life - it's amazing!

We have talked of premonitions and how they affect us. Hers are like mine because they are somewhat vague - another friend from high school, Jamie, has very strong ones where she can pinpoint them a little more. But L and I just have these strong bad feelings. Mine that came true a couple of weeks ago regarding my cousin was tragic and hit another high school friend especially hard. She and I both wonder why someone so young, with a young son, could resort to a selfish act that left her at death's door, alone and afraid. My cousin Mandy allegedly took some drugs (not sure if illegal or not) and then drank a lot, passed out and asphyxiated. Her 12-year-old son found her dead. I just ache inside thinking of how she died and what her son will always have to suffer because of her death. But I am thankful that those high school friends and I have each other as sounding boards and for support - reaching out to someone, even if it's over telephone/cable/T-1 lines, is sometimes all you have to help you choose between a desperate measure and a rational decision.

But back to L - again, I'm not sure what I'd do without her right now. She has become this soulmate, this interjector of wisdom and humor, who touches my life in a profound way. It's always good to find another person who 'gets' you, who can criticize and offer advice and just LISTEN and I hope that I can do the same for her one day. And right now I have to go answer her email so I can send it and then anticipate her reply! :-)

P.S. Regarding the first part of the title, just a newly found friend . . . Nirav has become another bright spot in my life. He calls and we seem to talk for close to an hour about so many things. He talked me down from my most recent panic attack and yet still talks to me! When I inquired why he still talks to me, he said he was honored I could trust him with that side of me, that raw, emotional side, which was the exact opposite of the facade I usually offer the world. He's another one who 'gets' me, and I look forward to being friends with him for a long while.

3 comments:

Margo said...

Glad you found your friend! That's a nice feeling, huh? :-)

Margo said...

Hey!! What are you up to??

Margo said...

Just me again...

You must be spending all your time on myspace. :-)