When I didn't go to NYC, my best guy friend, B, and I agreed we'd definitely go to Charlottesville, VA together for a DMB concert. In fact, he promised. Then, for my birthday, he surprised me with an extra set of tickets for the first night of concerts, so we could make a whole weekend of it. Keep in mind I'm supposed to be in the Outer Banks this week on vacation, but due to financial constraints and work obligations, I decided not to join my niece and some of her family there. So, C'ville was going to be my 'vacation'. Now, what I am about to say may sound petty, but I'm still upset and am trying not to be. B's girlfriend was not too keen on us going to C'ville together and decided to pitch a fit about the whole thing. And of course, B was in the middle and I took myself out of the whole equation by saying I won't go. Why would I subject myself to going if it's going to upset him and her? But why should I have to even do that? I'm not trying to be a martyr but I also didn't want to feel badly about something I knew I'd enjoy. I really want to go, but don't want to go by myself or try to find someone to go for one night. And I'm not trying to be a 'girl' about it - it wasn't a date weekend or anything like that, just two friends who like the same music going to a new place. But she really was jealous that he was going somewhere she wanted to go and she wasn't getting to go, and she was making it hard for him. Now, I know it's hard to fathom two people of the opposite sex being 'just friends'. But, it's also not fair to punish the friend because you don't like it. I just feel sick about the whole thing. I actually cried last night while at work at BB&B because a DMB song was playing and I haven't seen them in months.
Anyway, my consolation prize for not going is that I get to use B's Steeler ticket that Sunday while he and his GF are in Virginia. And I will have fun, and not pout, and just accept the fact I can't have everything I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment