Well, I got my first paycheck from BB&B - woo hoo! Wow, did it make a difference - I was able to catch up on a lot of things, pay ahead on some things, and have money left for groceries and a splurge on an outfit! (A CHEAP outfit - $23 for a tank, a shirt and skirt). I worked Friday night then went to B's to eat dinner (I had leftovers from lunch at his house). I ended up watching him play video games for a long while, basically because I was full, comfy, and tired. Then Saturday B and I went to our company picnic, which could have been a fiasco (view former post on that person that drives me crazy), but it was okay. The two bosses didn't show up until late, the wives behaved in a lovely manner, and it was a beautiful day to be outside. Plus, the food was delicious and the beer was cold. :-) Afterwards, I went to JB's with the intention of going the the Shadyside Arts Festival, but instead we just hung out on her porch with her dog and some wine. It was a perfect evening. Sunday I worked at BB&B in the morning (even though I was SO tired from the night before) and then B and his mom met me at the Waterfront for a little shopping (Target and Giant Eagle). We then went to his house to work on some things - making pasta sauce and cleaning up antique furniture he acquired from his great-grandmother's house. The furniture is beautiful - amazing what a little elbow grease and lemon oil will do. :-)
I am reflecting on how well B and I get along - he is definitely one of those people I consider a dear, close friend. We have our ups and downs, and we usually don't spend that much time together on the weekends, but it was nice. It's nice to know that through everything we've endured, we somehow had this wonderful friendship survive. He's truly like my family, and I'm very happy we've remained so close. I'm also proud of him for doing so well personally - I'm hoping his professional life improves in the next few weeks, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment