So, I unexpectedly hurt myself this morning - I was walking Piper and turned my foot on the curb, falling on my left knee and elbow, just making a general mess of myself. My foot hurts like CRAZY - big knot on the top of it, and I now have it iced and elevated, hoping to feel better. I can't have a boo-boo foot this week - I work at BB&B every night, and I want to have a cocktail party/happy hour for my birthday!
I went to the doctor today, expecting the worst after having some tests done last week. I have this constant fear of getting cancer, as you well know, and I just haven't felt myself lately. These past week or so has really been bad - I hate going to work, I hate dealing with people, I get no enjoyment from life except to go to BB&B to do a good job there. Well, with Piper, I get enjoyment because we've been doing "puppy runs", which consist of her running all over the house, jumping on the couch and generally making me laugh my head off. So, the doctor ran a few more tests and ruled out everything that I think is possibly wrong. I do have a high level of toxicity in my system, though, and am on medication to clear that up. Maybe I'll feel a little better after that kicks in, I dunno. I still feel anxious, but am very relieved it's not what I thought. I know I'm a worrywart, but I also know myself and can sense when things aren't right. Maybe my mental state is just off the most, not my physical body - I just have to keep trying to figure it out.
And, I had a nice conversation with B today - just casual chitchat, but it was good.
Okay, that's it for now because I want to keep my foot elevated and eat something and walk Piper and finish a load of laundry and watch Entourage and change for work . . .
:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry about that foot, but I'm so glad to hear your test results came back good!! Take care of yourself, and don't step off any curbs. ;-)
Lori, please tell Bryan that I'm sincerely sorry for saying that he was selfish. I was trying to make you feel better and didn't want to hurt his feelings. Tell him that, ok?
Margo, don't apologize! Really.
Post a Comment