8.05.2006
Generally Happy
I am a generally happy person. I know I have my moments of sadness or obsessiveness, but I'm pretty much an all-around happy girl. One of the managers at BB&B complimented me the other night because he said everyone finds me pleasant and easy-going. I really don't see why I should be any other way - I don't like myself when I'm in a 'funk.' Sure, I tend to vent (A LOT) about my crappy job or lack of money or my crazy family, but I like to talk myself out of most of my bad moods because I can't allow myself to feel sorry for myself or ask anyone else to feel that way for me, either. So, what makes me happy? I know there is my list of comforting things, but what really makes me happy? I think it's making other people truly at ease and bringing some joy to someone else. If I can do something that is nurturing or helpful, and even if I'm not thanked or given a second thought for doing it, I feel really good about it. We all like to be appreciated, but I really don't need recognition for doing a lot, and when I DO get recognized, I am just elated for days afterward. I have taken numerous personality tests over the years in classes and through work, and they always show that my personality leads me to be this way. And I don't really want to change it. I know I'm seen as a pushover and someone who is submissive, but I do fight for what I think is right and I won't go against my principles just to make someone happy. But if you ask me to do something, even if it's out of my way, I'll probably do it to make your life easier or to make you smile. That is what makes me happy. Just show me that you do appreciate it every once in awhile. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment