Remember how I said one of the reasons I think I distrust so much is because I tend to attract ATTACHED men? Well, let me just reiterate that for you.
So, I met this guy, Robert, in November of last year. Michelle, someone I used to hang out with, and I were having drinks at the bar, he started talking to us, everything was cool. He was out with his brother, who liked Michelle, and she wouldn't have anything to do with him because he's a "player." Robert, on the other hand, made sure to let us know he was NOT a "player." So, Robert got both our numbers (Michelle had invited him to a party we were having) and he then proceeded to call and/or text message me over the next few days. I was out one night listening to my friend's band, and he met me for a drink - perfectly innocent, he walked to my car, I thought he was a nice guy. Well, he shows up at the party and gives all his attention to Michelle (he said because she was drunk and all over him and he felt bad) and then I pretty much ignore him. He tried to make up with me, but I told him I didn't need that and I had enough friends. So, no more word from him. Until March. I see him when I'm out at a friend's birthday party, and he buys me drinks and pays me lots of attention. I decided to let bygones be bygones and at least talk to him. He then started texting me again, at least once a week. Some were flirty, but mostly they were friendly. The last texts we exchanged were Friday night - he texted "Are you out" and I replied "No."
So imagine my surprise when I get a voicemail message yesterday from a girl named Melissa or Michelle (I can't remember) who says she's Robert's girlfriend of TEN YEARS, they are probably getting married, and she was wondering why her boyfriend was text messaging me. She sounded pleasant enough - apologized for calling and even said she wouldn't blame me for not calling back, she just wanted to know who I was. Well, truthfully, I'm nobody to him - we didn't technically go on a date or anything. So, I'm not calling her back (though part of me wants to tell her what a creep he is). But, see my point????? I DO attract attached men! Why can't I attract a nice UNATTACHED guy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, I'm so so sorry, L. Mr. Right is out there somewhere.
I know, I'm just cynical. :-) Thank you, though, for your sympathy.
Funny, You don't strike me as the cynical type.
Post a Comment