8.12.2006
Always Running Late
That's me. Not just a few minutes - usually more like 1/2 hour, an hour, or even later. I have no concept of time, I admit it. I'm 35 years old (almost) and I am not dependable when it comes to being on time. I know other people HATE that, too, and it doesn't help me get better. I don't like to make people wait, and I don't do it on purpose, but there has to be some underlying reason why I'm always late. What's weird is that in my immediate family, I'm one of the EARLIEST to get ready. My oldest niece, the widow who lives in Baltimore - I ALWAYS have to wait on her and her mom when we go somewhere. I just don't have any concept of time. But I am going to start timing myself on how long it takes me to get ready, maybe get some more clocks so I can really see what is taking me so long. I don't LOOK like I take forever to get ready - seriously, I don't look that put together. I am going to start timing my 'getting-ready' routine as well and find out where my weaknesses are. I think I just start late, thinking I can hurry, when truth be told, there is no hurrying me. So, I am going to time it all out, make myself a schedule and stick to it. I have to do this because I hurt not only myself, but others around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a tendency to run late too. Mostly because I'm so easily side tracked whe I'm getting ready. The other day I was getting ready to go some place when I found myself rearranging the closet! I was late to that event...
See, me too! I see something I need to put away, or I decide to do something different with my makeup, and BOOM - takes me an extra amount of time to get ready. I knew we were kindred spirits! :-)
Post a Comment