7.16.2006
Less Therapy
So, I saw my therapist last week and she said I had made so much progress she doesn't want to see me for 6 weeks! The reason I started seeing someone was because after my nephew-in-law died, I had trouble coping with life in general. The unfairness, the tragedy, the resurrected feelings of grief from other losses - all of that tied together to practically choke me emotionally. Not to mention someone I considered to be my best friend pretty much told me that she could no longer be my friend (well, she said we needed a break, and I haven't heard from her since, so I'm making an assumption). Yet now my therapist is so proud of me for coming so far from the girl who could only cry for an hour instead of talk through things. Now, I talk about all I'm doing to "fix" myself and she just listens, adding in a little encouragement here and there. She did like my thoughts of taking karate lessons - we both think it will strengthen me mentally and physically, as well as make me feel more powerful and confident. So, I've gone from seeing her every week in the beginning to now seeing her every 6 weeks, in about 6 months' time. It's a great feeling to know I've come this far - I know that I cope with things far better now than I ever did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad things are looking up!
Karate lessons are a GREAT idea! Remember what pushed me into those intense self-defense courses I took? And remember what a BIG HELP they were for me?! If you want their info, let me know.
Love you, and amazingly proud and in awe of you!
XOXO,
Jennifer
Post a Comment