7.11.2006
Showing my Independence
So, Sunday was a good step for me in the right direction. I had plans to attend a concert with a friend of mine and he didn't feel well and decided not to go. Well, the concert was free, and I had already ordered the tickets, not to mention one of my favorite bands was performing, so I decided to go on my own. Now, this was a huge step for me. I'm not a big fan of crowds, and I am also not much for being all alone in a crowd. Due to my short stature, I tend to be overlooked by people and I have some weird fear of being trampled. Also, I have not been a big fan of walking anywhere alone due to a frightening experience that happened to me a few months ago. Since then, I have regained my confidence enough to walk to PNC Park and back on my own, but making it to Station Square was a new challenge. So, I headed out of my apartment around 7pm and walked to Steel Plaza, caught the T to Station Square and walked on over to the Chevy Amphitheatre. I then seemed to be the only loner in a crowd of 5,000, but I just blended in and found a spot where I could enjoy the opening act Army of Me and then the wonderful sounds of O.A.R. Prior to O.A.R. stepping on stage, I had a yummy soft pretzel and a big ol' glass of iced tea. :-) I also made it back just fine after the concert, leaving at the end of the encore so I could beat the crowds and find my way home, safely and soundly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment