7.28.2006

Huh? I don't get it

Aren't there things you witness or experience that really make you wonder about stuff? Not life-altering things, just those little oddities that you really don't understand.
-For instance, did you notice those billboards that the Cartoon Network put up at the beginning of the month all over town with just phrases on them, such as "Clowns Hate Tangelos". What was that about? I know they were advertising shows and I guess kids get them, but I really don't want to see a sign saying "I Pooted" every morning on my way to work.
And why do women's thong undies cost so much? I mean, really - there's hardly anything there.
Why do grown-ups act like they are in high school? Intelligent, seemingly well-bred, professional adults spreading rumors and taking sides like high schoolers - what a waste of energy.
-Why do people lie, or make promises they can't keep, only to hurt someone else?
-Why does it cost you MORE to eat healthy?
-Why do married guys choose not to wear a wedding ring? I mean, I know my oldest brother doesn't wear his when he's working, he's an engineer, but he wears it at other times. I've met A LOT of married men, usually in their 40's, who decide to go without a wedding band AT ALL TIMES. They should have to wear some other kind of symbol so innocent single women won't even show an interest.
-Why is it on payday I'm already broke again?
-Why does my boss think I take better notes because I'm a woman?

I'll add more later . . . that's all I can think of right now.

Okay, I thought of some more . . .
- Why do I still have acne at age 34? I mean, doesn't old age come with SOME perks?
- Why do guys think if they pay you attention and buy you a beer that they and their buddies are entitled to some kinda fun at your expense?
- Why do girls who need "rescued" or "saved" get all the guys?

2 comments:

Margo said...

Lol!!! All so true!

Margo said...

By the way, I still have acne too. I HATE IT!! So you're not alone. lol