7.11.2006
Guilty and Proud Moments
I feel guilty when I forget my multi-vitamin. I feel proud of my one friend for sticking to her diet as a way to gain some control over her life again. I feel guilty because I read celebrity gossip magazines. I feel proud of my nieces and nephews for the wonderful grown-ups they are becoming. I feel guilty every time I am with my mother because I can't seem to do enough or be enough. I feel proud that I've lost 11 pounds. I feel guilty EVERY time I spend money. I feel proud of my good friend for moving on with his life. I feel guilty for wanting more when I'm so blessed as it is. I feel proud that I am independent and happy. I feel guilty because my apartment is a total mess and I'm not in a hurry to clean it. I feel proud (and sometimes amazed) that my oldest niece can even get up in the mornings considering she lost her husband less than a year ago. I feel guilty that if I weren't trying to lose weight I could eat a whole box of cookies. I feel proud that I am not going to go buy a box of cookies and do just that. I feel guilty that I don't exercise enough. I feel proud that I can walk wherever I want without getting tired or feeling afraid. I feel guilty because I don't tell my friends enough that I care about them. I feel proud that I have the friends I do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like this post!! What an honest person you are! We should all be just as honest. :-) By the way, I could down a dozen donuts in no time flat if I wanted to! That's nothing to feel guilty about! ;-)lol
I am in awe of the changes you've made in your life . . . you are a tough cookie! I am proud to know you . . . though your weight willpower (a.k.a. adherence to nutrition) is making ME feel guilty, LOL!
X's and O's
Thanks for the encouragement! I certainly need it . . .
Post a Comment