7.24.2006
Last Monday Night
I haven't had a chance to write about my experience last Monday night, so here it is. I went to Margarita Mama's in Station Square to see The Roots perform. My friend, Kelly, who is from Philly, really likes them and for a $10 ticket, a lot of her friends decided to join her to see them. I must say, I had not heard of them before, but I really enjoyed the show. Quite an eclectic crowd had gathered, from college kids to some folks (but not many) a few years older than me. But all the opening acts (had to be at least five of them) were awesome, and there was a non-stop beat - we danced for hours! Now, I walked to the event (well, walked to Steel Plaza then took the T), so I was already a little sweaty because it was a very humid day in the 'Burgh. Plus, beers at $5 a bottle weren't something I was drinking a lot of, so I would say I was pretty icky hot. So, some guy from Chicago decides to pick me out of the crowd. Go figure. I'm thinking it's because he's not so tall, and I'm VERY short, and he saw me as an easy target. But, he's a decent dancer and he offered to walk me part the way home, so I wasn't going to argue with that. Plus, it was nice to be noticed, even if it wasn't by the guy of my dreams. So, all in all it was a great evening with friends, music, and beer - how can you argue with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're always saying your so short. Just how short?? :-)
4' 10.5" - but my driver's license says 4'11". :-)
Post a Comment