7.25.2006

Finding Comfort

So, I should be writing a report for work, but I need to vent ('magine that) because I still feel crappy and I am not liking life. So, I want to remind myself of those things that bring me comfort and make me happy to be alive . . .
  • lying on my best guy-friend's couch reading Maxim or Playboy while he plays XBox
  • sitting on my mom's back porch in the sun with a newspaper
  • making my oldest niece laugh
  • being in a bear hug with one of my brothers
  • cooking
  • IM'ing with my friends - JB and M especially
  • spending time with B's dog
  • walking
  • enjoying a drink with a friend at a local bar
  • talking to my dear friend R on the phone
  • volunteering my time for charitable causes
  • getting an email from friends (I especially enjoy JC's!)
  • shopping (yes, I know it's a guilty pleasure, but it still brings me comfort!)
  • making the people I care about happy
  • feeling sad and then having B make me laugh (he's great at that!)
  • curling up on my couch with an old movie and a gossip magazine
  • dancing
  • doing yard work
  • getting unexpected presents
  • eating a piece of dark chocolate
  • having sex with someone I trust completely
  • flirting
  • having a delicious meal with good company
  • meeting new, fun people

Okay, I'm feeling better. . . wow, that actually worked!

3 comments:

Margo said...

mmmmmm...dark chocolate....

GRITS said...

isn't it the best??? :-)

GRITS said...

and I forgot to add that deep, meaningful kisses comfort me, too. :-)