7.16.2006
Difficult Decisions
So, I recently had to make a difficult decision. Now, to you, it may seem trivial, but to me, it was kinda a big deal. I had planned to go to NYC with friends to see a weekend of concerts in early August. I was going with someone I consider one of my best friends, the girl he's seeing, and another guy-friend of mine from New Orleans. However, the friend from NO can't make it due to financial woes (trust me, I can understand that). And even though I'm upset he can't go, and I can't think of anyone else who'd go to NYC with me on short notice, I'm most upset that it's not working out where I can go. But it's best for everyone, and I realize that. I won't be spending money, my friend can be alone with his love interest and not have to worry about me, and they will definitely have a much more fantastic time. Still, I'm a spoiled brat and I'm trying not to pout about it. I am mixed up about how I feel - I'm saddened that I can't go, I'm a little mad at NO friend for waiting so long to tell me, and I wanted to re-capture the time I had last year when my friend and I went. However, I know that won't be the case this time (how do you re-create your first time in NYC?) , and again, I know it's best for everyone. So, I wish them a wonderful time, and I better get a souvenir T-shirt. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nope, not trivial at all. I'm sorry it didn't work out.
I've never been to NY. I'd love to go someday. I've never been anywhere!
Post a Comment