11.06.2006
Sigh
I really hate my job. I know it's a great project, and will do so much for the region, but I'm so burned out by it. I don't believe in it anymore because management doesn't seem to know what direction to take. They have the tools, the employees, to help, but they won't rely on those assets and instead reward those who don't really have the best interest of the company at heart. And I'm not just crying sour grapes, here, it's just facts. I want to do more, and I feel my hands are tied. And I think I'm treading water professionally because I don't have a title or salary that could get me advanced somewhere else right now. It's just so frustrating to have the ear of the president of a corporation yet he just doesn't hear me - he listens, and agrees, but doesn't HEAR me nor does he implement any change. It's a scary thought to search for another job, but I have to do it. I have to stop saying I'll get out and actually do it. Sigh . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can do it . . . and you are most certainly worth it! Now go find something better -- that doesn't mean it will be more money (could be less) or more prestige -- but a job in which you are treated with respect and actually look forward to your tasks. It will make a huge difference in other areas of your life, I would suspect, too.
It seems you've been unhappy with your job for a while now. I'd say looking for a new one would be worth your effort. Go for it!
Post a Comment