10.27.2006

Updating . . .

So, the "cast" is off my foot. THANK GOODNESS. I can wear normal shoes, wear brown again since I don't have to color coordinate with the brace and can walk up and down stairs with ease! I can't tell you how happy I am to have that monstrosity off my leg!

I saw the opera "Pagliacci" last Friday night and absolutely loved it. B bought me a ticket because he knew I wouldn't spend the money on myself, and since I had a single ticket I got to sit in the front row! It was so tragic, but I was taken in by all of it. They project the words in English over the stage, but I was too entranced by the music and emotion to even worry that it was in Italian!

I have had a cold this past week, and I've been miserable. I got off work from BB&B last Saturday at 4pm and went home to take a nap prior to a party I was supposed to attend. Well, I went to sleep at 6pm and didn't awaken until after midnight! Then I fell back asleep until 9am Sunday and did absolutely nothing all day except watch the Steelers lose and watch The Breakup and start getting the sniffles. I hate when I get a cold - really slows me down. Of course, I'm sure I'd be LESS susceptible to colds if I rested more.

The article came out with Mikey's picture and yes, the first sentence says he leads from behind. So funny. :-)

My brother is getting two puppies this weekend and I'm going to meet them on Sunday. They are Sir Maximus Arameous (Max) and Lady Lola Marmalade (Lola) - a black lab and yellow lab, respectively. My brother and his wife are throwing a puppy shower for the two new additions!

I'm still working a lot and trying to pay things down. I truly wish I could get through to my bosses that things need to change at my little company, but I'm not sure I'm being heard. I need to come up with a better approach.

Oh, and I really need a date. Just a nice guy to take me out to dinner. That's not asking much, is it?

:-)

1 comment:

Margo said...

Great to see you Lori!

Glad that cast is a thing of the past!

A puppy shower!? That is so cool!