10.03.2006

Loving Life

So, I had a good weekend and I realized something . . . I am a fairly happy person. Sure, I'd like to make more money, have less debt, be involved with someone, have more free time and have a dog, but I have learned to accept my life and enjoy it to the fullest. That doesn't mean I'm settling, I'm just not dwelling on the negative things and am, instead, being more influenced by the positive aspects. I find so many people who constantly are disgusted with life and what it throws at them, and am more impressed by those who have the strength to muddle through things and are thankful for what and who they have in their lives. I am so blessed with friends and health and humor and opportunities, and mostly with the ability to wake up each morning and realize who I am and what I have. And it's not like I had an epiphany or anything, but I just really came to the conclusion that I'm a pretty lucky girl. :-)

2 comments:

Margo said...

Happy for you, truly!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Grits. It is always better to be an optimist and not a pessimist. I try to live by the motto, "Do what you like, like what you do."