11.06.2006

No more counseling

I've decided to give up counseling for awhile due to a few factors: (1) lack of free time, (2) lack of extra funds (our co-pay went up) and (3) because it's been about a year since I started and I am feeling a lot more stable. Yes, I still have panic attacks, but not as frequently. I've actually begun to let go of a lot of crap that bugged me before. I have even decided to not worry if people like me or not - I pretty much put myself out there and if you don't like it, then so be it. I actually stopped talking to a friend because of this, and of course, now he wants to be friends again (lord, how am I to get through to him???). I don't think I'm being a bitch, I think I'm really looking out for myself. I have wonderful friends, who I love dearly, and they pretty much accept me for who I am. I'm not looking to add anyone to the 'fold' who is going to try to change me. Yes, I miss some traits of those past friends, but I feel if they were my true friends they wouldn't have decided to do the things they did. Therefore, I have no time for them, now. I will go to the ends of the earth for those people I love and respect, but I think I really lost respect for some folks and I can't just find it again. I'm looking out for me, while still being there for my dear friends, and it feels good to be this way . . .

3 comments:

Margo said...

Sounds like you've made a lot of progress. Good for you, Lori! Sometimes you've just got to look out for yourself. Real friends will back you and make it easy for you to grow, not-so-real friends only block the way. Weed the garden when necessary.

Anonymous said...

My intentions were to say the same thing that Margo did, and so now I will just say "ditto".

From what I can tell, you are a beautiful person and deserve the best in life.

I'm here anytime you wanna talk. I don't always have the best advise to give, but I can always come up with something to make you laugh!

Take care, Lori!

GRITS said...

Thank you, ladies! Your encouragement means so much!