10.10.2006
Just my thoughts . . .
but I wonder when loving someone started equating to hurting all the time. I see so many relationships that bring grief to people I care about and I don't get it. I mean, I know you can't always choose who you love, but you can choose how you deal with it. If you love someone that doesn't really work for you, you have to learn that you can't always fix the other person or make it work. It's not a failure on your part, and even though it makes you sad, it's not the end of the world. I have been in the situation where I thought I could save someone (hell, I still feel that way about Curtis) but I know deep down that IT ISN'T ME. It isn't my fault. I can't fix it. And though it makes me sad, I am not at fault. And yes, every situation is different, and not all things are easy, but c'mon - it shouldn't be THAT hard. It shouldn't be such a burden. A good relationship should be a partnership, a compromise, a commitment. A JOY. I'm so thankful that some of my friends and family are so blessed to have found it - not perfection, but complementary love and joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Girl, you said a mouthful!! Love ya! Leslie
So well put and I know exactly where you are coming from. This past year with my hubby has been nothing but pain and anguish from one argument to the next. But sometimes, you just have to accept it, throw your hands in the air, and say, "enough is enough." Since we seperated, we have gotten back the friendship that we lost when we said, "I do", and get along better than we ever did...go figure..
Just hang in there, g/f.
Well said. No relationship is perfect, but the good ones are good because both people know that perfection is not an option and they love each other anyway.
Give and take are essential, and they have to be balanced...
Don't lose heart.
Post a Comment