1.15.2007

I hate when things are up in the air. . .

. . . especially since I am a somewhat impatient person. Things with my potential new job are not solid yet, and that makes me nervous. I just want to know, gosh darn it! I had an interview with our district HR manager yesterday, and I believe it went well - at least he didn't cringe at my salary requirements. I have to go through at least two more interviews with district staff before they will make a decision. I'm actually interviewing for the customer service management position I really want, where I'll be training folks and will basically be in charge of all the cashiers, and a position is opening much sooner than I anticipated. It's not at my store, but that's okay - I can always come back there when Jess leaves. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and praying it goes in my favor.
Regarding the apartment, I did notify my current landlord I'm moving out at the end of February, but currently have nowhere to move! The apartment I looked at and really liked has become more expensive; it seems they misquoted the price, and I won't pay that much for it. So, either they need to come back to me with a correct price or I am going to look elsewhere. I hate that I have to look again, but am willing to walk away because I know it's not worth that much. I'm proud I'm standing my ground, but it sucks because I do like that one.
And B and his GF are having issues, and him being up in the air about his own life worries me because I tend to feel his pain so much. She has basically given him an ultimatum because she is not happy with the fact he's taking a job interview this Friday at a company here in Pittsburgh. Now, Friday is a bad day for him because it will be a year since his dad died. That was a horrible day and I have flashbacks to it myself, so I know it's tearing him apart inside. So, something positive was to happen because the CEO of this very cool company called him for an interview for a job with B's name written all over it. Yet now the GF is pissed off, telling him if he cared about her he wouldn't go to the interview since she wants him to move to Chicago to be with her. Why does loving her entail him uprooting his life? His mom is a widow, and he's an only child, so he should be allowed to stay close to his own family if he chooses. And even if he moves to Chicago, it won't be tomorrow, so wouldn't it be better if he was in a job NOW that he actually liked? Plus, if he makes more money there, he'll have a better chance of negotiating a good job in Chicago. I don't get her - besides the fact I'm not a big fan of hers, I hate that her selfish attitude is so harmful to him. I know in a way he allows it, especially because he doesn't want to lose yet another good thing in his life, but she seems to take full advantage of him and abuses the hell out of him. As I said before, since I lived this with C for the past few years, I know how bad you can feel when someone is making you feel guilty about not moving. I know it might not be possible for him to be truly happy now, especially with the raw hurt of losing his dad, but I wish he had someone to make him feel GOOD about himself, not someone who continually beats him up.
So, this week I am going to tie up loose strings at work, keep bugging people at BB&B about the position, look for apartments and get ready to travel to San Francisco on Thursday. I REALLY need a vacation. :-)

3 comments:

Margo said...

It sounds like you do need a vacation!

I've got my fingers crossed for you-for the job and a place to live.

So, you and B are just friends, huh? It sounds like you care more about him than his gf.

GRITS said...

I do need a vacation, and can't wait to leave tomorrow!

I did get the apartment I wanted - there are two partners involved in renting it, and the other one told me I was right on the price. Woo hoo! So, I move at the end of February.

Thank you for the prayers about the job - I really feel good about it, just need it to be settled.

And regarding B - I do care about him more than probably anyone else in my life. He's such a huge part of me, he's like my kid brother and I am so protective of him it's not even funny. So, I do try to step back and let him make his own decisions and mistakes, but it's hard to watch sometimes, especially when I feel he's being taken advantage of by someone.

Margo said...

I'm glad to hear about the apartment. :-)

Poor B, I hope things work out for him. He's got a great friend in you.

Have a fun trip!