9.20.2006

Updates, Observations, etc.

So, I believe I noted my ankle was sprained about 3 weeks ago as I was dog-sitting. Come to find out, after some x-rays, it seems my 5th metatarsal (sp?) on my right foot is fractured. No wonder the pain wouldn't go away. Now I'm in a brace/boot type contraption that actually is alleving the pain considerably, but it's a hassle, let me tell you. So, I'll be hobbling about for at least 4 more weeks . . .

Work at both jobs is intense right now. The president of my company has decided to have me dedicate half of my time to project control, which I actually love, but it's tiring to spend so much time working on schedules and reading materials. Then, at BB&B, I'm training to be a front-end supervisor and also to be a bridal consultant, and this training entails more reading. Whatever happened to reading for fun?

My birthday was a lot of fun. The Friday before it was spent at a happy hour at Six Penn Kitchen with some of my dear friends who happened to not be going out of town for the Labor Day weekend. After drinks and appetizers there, some of us went to the Southside to hang out at the Carson City Saloon and then later to Bar 11. The Friday after my birthday was spent at dinner with my best friend, B, at this yummy restaurant called Eleven. Every birthday he and I get coupons from the Big Burrito restaurants so we can save $30 on an entree, and we have frequented every one of the restaurants except this one, the newest. It was an amazing experience, and though pricey, one I'd do again because the service and food was divine. And it's always fun to get all gussied up for a delightful dinner. :-)

I am still down in the dumps about not getting to go to Charlottesville and I actually had a panic attack last night, which I attribute to that and lack of sleep and stress from work. I really enjoy being friends with Nirav, though, because he seems to be able to calm me down. I wish the panic attacks didn't get worse the older I get - along with grey hair, I get this, too. :-(

I don't understand why when I offer advice to the people I love that it is seen as me somehow trying to be in control. I tend to be very opinionated and try to help my friends all I can, which seems like I'm butting in, but I do it out of love, really. I am very protective and seem to be able to sense things and just want to keep the people closest to me safe. I know it's hard to hear things you don't want to hear or even think about from someone close to you, but I know from experience that it's always because someone is trying to look out for you and save you from pain.

It's a bit chilly here in Pittsburgh today - I'm so not ready for summer to be over. :-(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I'm glad to see you're still around and kicking even if the boot is keeping you from kicking high! :o)

I heard about the Germany issue with your company and hope it doesn't cause a negative impact. I still really believe in it.

Let's talk soon! Leslie