We all know I work for the dumbest place in the world. And yes, I'm trying to get out (I had another interview with district staff at BB&B on Sunday). But honestly, the dumb stuff that happens here can astound even a seasoned veteran like me. Our wise CEO has decided we need to hold an open house to showcase something, I'm just not sure what yet. Okay, we do NOTHING here of worth, though we do a great job at spending government money and pissing off our employees. And of course, our most incompetent (relatively speaking, since they are all incompetent to some degree) executive is in charge of planning the open house, and just wants all of us to do the work. It was kinda fun sitting in a meeting yesterday and refusing to help, I have to say - somewhat liberating in fact . . .
I dogsat over the weekend while B visited his GF in Chicago, and I caught up on a lot of shows I like on B's DVR. I LOVE Prison Break, and was so glad to see Regina King, Peter MacNichol (though I miss his character on Numb3rs) and Chad Lowe added to the cast of 24. I watched Dirt, but not sure I really like that show much. Grey's Anatomy was great, as usual, and I love it because it makes me laugh, makes me think and allows me to drool over the good-looking cast. :-) ER was spectacular, as always, and I tried to watch Numb3rs twice and kept falling asleep.
So, Super Bowl Sunday was different for me this year. Not really interested in either team (so sad to watch knowing whoever won would bump the Steelers from their world-champions title) and I had to work through most of the game anyway. Went to my friend Audgie's house to watch with friends from BB&B, and afterwards we watched Criminal Minds which was CUT OFF AT THE VERY END due to the news! ARGH!! And, of course, CBS is showing an encore presentation tonight while I'm at work. Boo.
I think I'm allergic to cold weather. Seriously. I am not cut out for this - I hate winter clothes and wearing a coat and just being cold. When I win the lottery I'm moving to California.
I need a date. I can't continue to be single while all my girlfriends are getting their "plus ones". This is something I struggle with because I don't really know how to go about getting a date. None of my friends seem to think I'm someone they should set up with their single guy friends, and I worry about internet dating. Again, I don't need a boyfriend, but a date would be pretty cool right about now. Especially since the most action I've seen lately is some guy winking at me from across a bar in SF, and he was married (and my gay friend was vying for his attention, too).
Why does my secretary find it necessary to carry on personal conversations with her husband on the phone at work? I just had to hear her argue for about 15 minutes with him about something mundane. Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment